New customers can start by registering with our website and requesting our weekly email notice.
Use our easy sign up process to register as a customer; once you’ve registered, you’ll be on the list for our weekly email, which goes out each week, on Tuesday mornings.
Our weekly “Shopping Window” starts on Tuesday at 9 am and ends on Thursday at 12 noon.
And the email that you receive on Tuesday helps to remind you that you have until NOON on Thursday to do your online shopping and place your order. Note: you don’t have to order every week, which is what makes this more like a virtual farmers’ market or local foods grocery store, and less like a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) subscription service. Rather, you order when YOU want to, whether that’s weekly, or every other week, or once a month, or at random times. However, when you DO order, you must do so by 12 Noon on Thursday.
We gather your food from local producers on Fridays.
We let our producer partners know Thursday afternoon what we need them to harvest (or prepare) for that week’s orders. Fridays we travel to North Curry County, Coos County, and Del Norte County, picking up from those partners the local food that you’ve ordered.
We prepare your order for pick up or delivery on SATURDAYS.
You have two options for getting your order:
- Have your order delivered. If your order is $25.00 or more, delivery is FREE; if it’s under $25.00, the delivery fee is $5.00. We can deliver to your home or office in SMITH RIVER, GOLD BEACH and BROOKINGS.
- Orders going to Brookings and Smith River go out in the morning (between about 9:30 am and 1:00 pm); Orders going to Pistol River and Gold Beach get delivered in the afternoon (between about 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm); . NOTE: these times will vary somewhat each week, depending on the time of year, how many orders we get and where they’re all going, but in general, these time frames are pretty consistent!
- If we deliver more than one order to the same location – AND the total for the orders combined is $25.00 or more – we will extend our FREE delivery option to all the orders! Email us for more information on how to take advantage of this option…
- If there’s ANY chance you won’t be there when we deliver, please set a cooler or other covered container outside to keep your food cool and to protect your order from the weather and the critters.
- Pick your order up:
- In Brookings – you have TWO OPTIONS:
- IN-TOWN pick up at 710 3rd Street between 4:00 and 5:30 p.m. (NOTE: this is a private residence, so please be mindful of this…)
- NORTH BROOKINGS pick up at OtterBee’s , 18821 Montbretia Lane anytime after 2:00 p.m. (we are up near Cape Ferrelo, off House Rock Road)
- In Smith River – pick up at 550 S Fred D Haight Drive between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. (NOTE: this is a private residence, so please be mindful of this…)
- In Brookings – you have TWO OPTIONS:
- Gold Beach customers: There is no pick up location in Gold Beach, so if you opt out of delivery, you will need to pick your order up at OtterBee’s (see above).
- Crescent City customers: Our delivery service doesn’t extend to Crescent City, but you are welcome to pick up your order at the Smith River location (see above).
You have three ways of paying for your order:
- Create an account fund and deposit money there (via credit card, check or cash) from which to draw as you place orders. This is handy if you don’t want to have to pull out your credit card or write a check every time you order. Your money stays in your account on our website, and each order that you place draws money out. When your balance gets low, you can “top up” your funds at the “My Account“ page (which is also where you can check your balance, among other things).
- Pay via credit card each time you order, via our Paypal portal (it’s one of the options available at Checkout). This method is especially handy if you aren’t a regular customer, or are just trying us out…
- Pay at pick up or on delivery with a check or cash (but NOT with a credit card; at least, not right now.) Note: If you choose COD delivery, please either make sure you’re home to take delivery, or be willing to leave your payment outside your door (perhaps in a cooler, or container, etc.) or with someone in your office.
Enjoy your fresh and LOCAL food!
Bring your food in, unpack your treats, and celebrate with fresh, local, fare! OtterBee’s has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, so if you’re not enjoying your goods, please let us know, and we will do what we can to make things right!
- Frozen items are delivered in an insulated bag and will be okay for an hour or two, but you still need to get things into a freezer asap.
- We use insulated bags for dairy items (large, grocery-bag-size and smaller lunch-box size), which helps keep this food cold.
- We do our best to make sure your order isn’t left sitting in the sun, but do remember: once the order is delivered, it is YOUR responsibility to maintain its freshness.
Our Caveat, aka The Ins & Outs of Small Farm Production and Processing…
When working with small, local farms and processors, things like weather and unpredictable demand can have an extreme influence. For example, egg production falls off when the days get shorter; wild mushrooms don’t grow until temperature and moisture are just right; summer hail storms can damage crops; rain can ruin strawberries.
In the event that a product becomes unavailable, we will do our best to notify you ahead of time. If we have to cancel an item on your order, you will receive credit on your account – or a refund on your credit card – for that item. We will warn you ahead of time if we suspect the weather will adversely affect one of the items we made available. We will do our best to post on our Facebook page – as soon as possible – if something ends up being unavailable. In any case, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this causes.