Baby to mid-size Chard leaves, packaged in 1/2-lb. bags. Very tender and fresh. Locally grown by Umbrella Farms (Harbor), a new hydroponic grower in Curry County.
So what is Hydraponics? Simply put, it is a system whereby plants grow in water instead of soil.
- You can grow hydroponically all year long.
- Hydroponics uses less water than traditional soil-based systems.
- Hydroponic growing allows for faster growth and higher yields than traditional soil-based growing systems.
- To grow hydroponically, you need plants, a container, water, a way to anchor the plants, nutrients and a light source.
- It is possible to grow vegetables hydroponically both outdoors and indoors. If growing indoors, artificial lighting will help faster growth.